53 minute session: $125
Couples Counseling online assessment fee: $30
Fee for written report: $50
Payment is accepted in the form of cash, check or credit card
Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Out of Network:
Out of Network benefits may be accessed per your insurance if available.
If I am not “In Network” with your insurance, You may be able to be reimbursed by your insurance, usually at least 50% as an “Out of Network” expense. I would be happy to supply you with the receipts to submit to your insurance.
Before you decide on using your insurance benefits please understand there are benefits to private (out of pocket)pay:
1. Use of insurance requires a mental health diagnosis. (Major Depressive Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder for example). Insurance will not pay for relationship counseling, parenting, grief, and many other typical challenges for which you may be seeking therapy. If you are looking for help in one of these areas, you will have an easier time finding a therapist, and getting an earlier appointment if you pay out of pocket.
2. If you use your insurance, they will have a say in your treatment plan, goals, etc. They will want documentation of our work toward their “approved” goals and plan. These goals may or may not be in line with why you are seeking therapy.
3. Insurance benefits are not accessible until your deductible is met. If your deductible is high, we may be done with counseling long before it’s reached.
4. My therapeutic orientation is brief and solution focused. Many clients are done after around two months.
5. Many therapists who are accepting insurance are at full capacity and not accepting new clients. I have immediate availability.
6. By paying privately, your file and everything we discuss is private. Many clients do not want a paper trail documenting a mental health or substance use diagnosis on their permanent health record.