New opportunity, sign up today!
Could your marriage use a tune up?
Are you struggling to connect and communicate?
Are you getting ready to commit and want to get it right?
Are you looking to invest in an already healthy relationship?
If you answered yes for any of the above, then the Gottman Seven Principles Marriage Workshop is for you! This is a one day workshop where couples can expect to:
- Enhance friendship, fondness, and admiration
- Learn how to connect in meaningful, productive ways
- Overcome gridlock and make conflict productive
- Create a sense of shared meaning
- This workshop teaches skills developed from John Gottman’s 40 years of relationship research and his internationally acclaimed bestselling book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. This is an educational workshop and not therapy. There will be no group sharing.
Love is a verb and also a skill. Please come join us and invest in your relationship and refine your skills!
Who should attend:
- Pre-engaged, dating couples
- Pre-marital couples
- Long term married couples
- Those wishing to enhance a healthy relationship
- (This marriage workshop will not benefit those where: there is high conflict, heavy substance abuse, domestic violence, ongoing or recent infidelity and untreated mental illness). Please see a Marriage & Family Therapist to address these issues. Referrals can be made upon request.
- Two workbooks
- One copy of The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work(reading it front to back is not necessary, it’s just a tool for maintenance)
- Drinks, snacks, free parking
- In-class exercises, follow up exercises and resources
- Free airport pick up, transportation to and from Drury Inn (if visiting from out of town)
- What Can I Expect:
- Concrete, specific teaching of practical and simple skills
- Video examples
- Couple exercises (experienced privately and not shared with the group)
- Take-home worksheets and resources
- Lunch on your own with a variety of options provided
- Lighthearted, fun, supportive atmosphere with care to keep everyone well within their comfort zones
- A more connected, peaceful, loving relationship
- A sense of empowerment to enhance and possibly even reframe your love story
Could this be given as a gift?
Yes! This marriage seminar is the perfect pre-martial or anniversary gift.
About the Presenter:
Krista Miller utilizes the most recent relationship science to guide couples to connect in healthy, meaningful and productive ways. The goal is to recreate intimacy and strengthen not only the couple, but the whole family system. Krista has been a Marriage & Family Therapist for 17 years. She has a background in treating individuals, couples and families in mental health and substance abuse settings. She has been married for 20 years and is in private practice in San Antonio, TX. She is a Clinical Member of the American Association of Marriage & Family Therapy and a board member for the Texas Association of Marriage & Family Therapists. She is a trained Gottman Leader of the Seven Principles program.
When should I arrive and what should I bring?
Please arrive at 9:45 to sign in and get comfortable before the workshop begins at 10:15. No need to bring anything, all materials and supplies will be provided.
Hotel Discount and Free Shuttle offer:
Airport pick up and shuttle to the workshop is provided by the Drury Inn, San Antonio. They also provide a room discount. For more info, click here.
Must both of us come?
Yes, two people are needed for this workshop, cost is per couple.
How is this different than just reading the book?
- Usually only one person will read the book, so this workshop provides the opportunity for both sides to understand and experience the material.
- Structure, accountability and motivation to work through the material
- Real time explanation, teaching and visual examples(especially for how NOT to do exercises)
- Time away from daily life to focus
- Encouragement to work on one’s relationship in the context of other couples that are doing the same thing.
- Less threatening and less costly than couples therapy, but can also be a bridge to couples therapy without the stigma
- Extra material and resources to strengthen your relationship
- Relationship boost by showing your partner that they are a priority in your life.
What if I need to cancel?
For cancellations 30 days prior to class date, a full refund minus a $30 processing fee will be given. For cancellations thereafter, you will receive credit good for one full year that you can use to attend a later class. Classes will be given roughly every two-three months.
Sign up today to prioritize your most important investment!
Upcoming workshop dates:
June 9, 2018
August 4, 2018
November 10, 2018
February 9, 2019